Chicken and Rice made the old-fashioned way – Southern Style. This is a favorite a classic comforting dish.
- 1 can Campbell’s cream of mushroom or chicken soup diluted with 1 can of water, mixed until smooth.
- 1pkg dry Lipton onion soup mix
- Enough water mixed with the diluted soup to make about 4 ½ cups liquid, total
- 2 cups white rice
- 8 or so pieces of chicken, preferably thighs, or whole cut up fryer (if using bone in breasts cut crosswise into smaller pieces)
- Preheat oven 375. In a large bowl or measuring cup dilute the soup and mix until smooth. Then add the dry soup and remaining water to make 4 ½ cups liquid total.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray, pour in rice.
- Pour liquid into pan over the rice, gently stir until well mixed.
- Place chicken over the rice(don’t worry it will look like too much liquid but it’s not).
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hr. Take foil off and bake about 10 min more or until the liquid is absorbed.
CLN Community & Event Sponsor