MARICOPA, Arizona – Get ready to ditch your Prudie Britches and crack out those Party Pants because Larry the Cable Guy is coming to town!
The Pinal 40 Gala at Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino’s Events Center welcomes America’s funniest good ol’ boy on Saturday, May 4. Advance tickets are on sale now at https://pinal40.org/gala
“I knew I needed to lose weight the last time I played on the trampoline with my kids. I jumped two times and had to get off. I wasn’t tired. I just needed to call the fire department to get my son out of a tree.” – Larry the Cable Guy
Here’s 5 things we’re betting you didn’t know about America’s most loved comedian:
1. He’s a PK! You know, a Preacher’s Kid. Everybody knows they’re a little wilder than the rest. Also, a little smarter and cagier because they have to express themselves and avoid that whole ‘spare the rod – spoil the child’ thing.
2. He knows how to raise pigs. Born Daniel Lawrence Whitney, Larry the Cable Guy’s first home was on his family’s hog farm in Pawnee City, Nebraska.
3. He got his High School Diploma in Palm Beach, Florida. Yep. That preacher daddy? Also the principal at The King’s Academy, a private Christian prep-school in the land of polo ponies and Porches.
4. He has THREE Gold Records. Of the seven albums he’s produced, three have gone Gold! Pretty impressive way to Git-R-Done!
5. Larry is Mater! In Pixar’s 2006 hit film ‘Cars’ – Larry the Cable Guy brought the banged-up little wrecker named Mater to life. “My name’s Mater. Like TUH-mater without the TUH.”
The drawing for our Grand Prize raffle will be held at the Pinal 40 Gala Reception & Dinner on May 4, 2019. Order your tickets at https://raxxdirect.wufoo.com/forms/2019-pinal-40-grand-prize-raffle-tickets/ or get them directly from a Pinal 40 member. The winner can choose between a 2019 Polaris RZR 570 OR a Polaris Ranger 570 mid-size. Your ticket purchases help support our charitable programs in Pinal County.
CLN Community & Event Sponsor