The Arizona Wild Bunch consists of a group of professional rodeo cowgirls and cowboys in the state of Arizona.
They travel throughout the country competing in various competitions and promote the western way of life during the process.
The group also promotes supports various youth programs and events for aspiring cowboys and cowgirls in Arizona.
The Wild Bunch of the GCPRA include a group of diverse, professional riders from Arizona:
- Jason Minic – Jason is one of the most senior riders of the bunch. He’s known for being the Senior Pro Rodeo World Champion Bareback Rider a total of three times. He also holds a number of first place finishes at various events around the country.
- JT Cox – JT has been a rodeo cowboy ever since he was in high school. He hold numerous top placement awards, including one for the 2009 GCPRA Year End Championship.
- Brian Martineau – Brian is the GCPRA Saddle Bronc Riding Director. He’s competed in a variety of rodeos in many states, including Texas, Colorado, California, Utah and Arizona.
- John Killian – John, a resident of Phoenix, was a 2014 PRCA Turquoise Circuit Finals Qualifier. He’s been riding since college and competes in both New Mexico and Arizona.
- Brandon Smith – Brandon lives in Queen Creek, Arizona. Among his many accolades, he was recently announced as a 2014 GCPRA Finalist and was named champion at the 2014 Springerville 4th of July Rodeo.
- Shane Morin – Shane is a professional rodeo bareback rider cowboy. He’s competed in hundreds of competitions throughout the United States. He represented the U.S. at the International Rodeo in Mexico in 2011 and has been riding since high school.
- Chance Stone – Chance lives in Queen Creek, Arizona. He is a saddle bronc rider and competes in both the PRCA and the GCPRA. He’s competed in and won several competitions throughout the country.
- Kyle Marley – Kyle is a professional rodeo bullfighter. A resident of San Tan Valley, Arizona, he currently tours on both the BFO and GCPRA circuits.
- Brittnie Schumacher – Brittine lives in Queen Creek, Arizona. She specializes in Breakaway Roping and Barrel Racing, and has been competing in rodeos since she nine years old.
Where Do They Compete?
“Should be a good run for us in the Spring, lots of good Pro Rodeos close by, with GCPRA rodeos and SPRA. Everyone has set some high goals this year and its going to be fun to see what we all accomplish by the end of the year.” -Jason Minic
The Wild Bunch of the GCPRA compete in various rodeo events across the country. Most of their riders focus on competing in the Grand Canyon Pro Rodeo Association.
The GCPRA circuit features rodeo and similar events from January until the end of October. These events are held in Arizona, California, Colorado and New Mexico. Each cowboy and girl specializes in a different type of rodeo event.
From bareback and saddle bronc to bullfighting and barrel racing, the Wild Bunch of the GCPRA specialize in all types of rodeo events and routinely take top honors within the circuit.
Meet the Arizona Wild Bunch
[g-slider gid=”17443″ width=”100%” height=”55%”]