Try these melt in your mouth Crostini at your next get together! I served these at a party and everyone loved them! Easy and yummy! Even the kids thought they were good! I love them because they can be whipped up in no time…that’s always a plus in my book!
And, who doesn’t like bacon???
- 2 1/2 feet of French Baguettes cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 slices bacon ( use regular, not pre-cooked)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large onions, peeled, cut into wedges and then thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place baguette slices on baking sheet and brush with the 3 tablespoons of melted butter. Bake for 8 minutes and remove from oven and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the bacon. When bacon is cooked well, remove the bits with a slotted spoon and put on a paper towel-lined dish. Let fat drain.
Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan with the bacon grease. As soon as the butter has melted, increase the temperature to medium-high and add the onions. Cook and stir for two minutes. Add salt and brown sugar. Cook, stirring often, for ten minutes. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook, stirring often, for 20-30 minutes or until onions are deep golden brown in color. Stir in the vinegar, scraping up the bits from the bottom of the skillet. Remove from heat.
In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise. Stir in the salt and pepper and garlic powder then add the cheeses and stir to combine. Next, stir in the onions and bacon bits.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread mixture onto toasted baguette slices and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until hot and the cheese has melted.
CLN Community & Event Sponsor