One of our favorite meals is this savory pork recipe. It’s great on a cold winter night! I like to serve t over egg noodles with a green salad and warm bread.It’s a “fill your tummy up” kind of meal!
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 tsp. tarragon
6 pork chops
salt and pepper to taste
1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
1 cup cooking sherry
1 (10.5 ounce) beef broth
2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and saute for a few minutes. Add tarragon and stir together. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper, then brown them on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Place pork chops in a baking pan or Dutch oven.
- Pour the mushrooms into the skillet with the pork drippings and garlic, and stir in the sherry and beef broth, scraping any bits of pork that are stuck to the pan. Bring to a boil. Pour sauce over the pork chops in the baking pan. Cover with a lid, or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a preheated oven. Remove the lid or foil, and continue to bake for another 15 minutes. Remove chops from pan and place on a serving platter.
- Pour juices from platter into skillet. Place back on stove over medium heat. Whisk together the cornstarch and water. When the juices in the pan come to a boil, slowly stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Spoon sauce over the chops, and serve.
I like to serve this dish over egg noodles and have a green salad to complete the meal…. Enjoy!
You must be logged in to post a comment.