Singer-Songwriter C.J. Garton’s Latest Single “Good Gone” Exhibits All The Trademarks Of A Real Traditional Country Song. Plus, upcoming festival appearances include ‘Boots & Bandanas Family Fun Fest’ on Sept. 3 at Possum Trot in Winfield, Tennessee & Elk Ridge Lodge, Aug. 26 & 27 in Naches, Wash.
BRISTOW, Okla. – (August 22, 2022) – Traditional country singer-songwriter and Oklahoma native C.J. Garton’s latest single “Good Gone,” from his double-length album Tales of the Ole West and Other Libations to Please the Palate, continues to deliver modern-day masterful songwriting works of the lost traditional sound, which most of the current country music lacks. “Good Gone” is available everywhere now from G-Bar Records and The Orchard and to country radio programmers via CDTex and Austin Radio Promotions
C.J. Garton wrote “Good Gone” on the first day of a multi-state 700+ mile horseback journey he embarked on with his son in 2019. The night before, he celebrated his anniversary with his wife and stayed out late. He was feeling it the next morning as he walked across the church parking lot. His idea of someone hungover from a heartache came to mind and he immediately wrote down the lyrics and recorded the melody to his phone.
“The song just hit me out of nowhere,” C.J. Garton said, “and I stopped for a bit, wrote it on my phone in the notes application, put the phone in my pocket and then began our 700 mile trip together. Over the duration, I wrote 32 songs in 30 days while on horseback.”
Garton is an Oklahoma native with Cherokee blood running through his veins. He splits his time between his family’s ranch just outside of Bristow, Oklahoma, a busy tour schedule, and his private recording studio where he laid the tracks down on his latest collections of songs with iconic country music producer, songwriter, and fiddle effigy Joe Spivey (The Time Jumpers, John Anderson, Teea Goans).
- Single name: “Good Gone”
- Album name: Tales of the Ole West and Other Libations to Please the Palate
- Record label: G-Bar Records / The Orchard
- ISRC#: US3U82100172
- Album audio produced by: Joe Spivey
- Buy/Stream/Listen at orcd.co/talesoftheolewest or orcd.co/goodgone
Track Listing & Songwriters
- Devil (C.J. Garton)
- I Went Crazy (C.J. Garton, Billy Don Burns)
- Ferris Wheel (C.J. Garton)
- Free Mans Prison (C.J. Garton, Joe Spivey)
- Drinking Man (C.J. Garton)
- Ain’t No Good Chain Gang (Hal Bynum, Dave Kirby)
- The Gun (C.J. Garton)
- If Daddy Could See (C.J. Garton)
- Highway We Call Home (C.J. Garton, Alex Williams)
- I Wouldn’t Blame You If You Did (C.J. Garton)
- Good Gone (C.J. Garton)
- Bitch At The Bottom (Tim Johnson)
- Skeleton Crew (C.J. Garton)
- Meet Me At The Bottom Of The Bottle (C.J. Garton, Scott Bass)
- Hurricane Chief (C.J. Garton)
- I’m Talking To Ghosts (C.J. Garton, David Wade, Shane Grove, Mike Alan)
- Fool Hearted Lover (C.J. Garton)
- God And A Woman (C.J. Garton, Jimmy Charles)
- Long Time Traveller (C.J. Garton, Joe Spivey, Edmund Dumas)
- All My Heroes Have Halos (C.J. Garton, Jimmy Charles)
Inaugural Boots & Bandanas Family Fun Fest Announced
C.J. also announced the inaugural Boots & Bandanas Family Fun Fest, a family-friendly fundraiser event benefiting the Children’s Center of the Cumberlands, and taking place on Saturday, September 3rd at Possum Trot, 517 Adkins Trail, Winfield, Tenn. 37892.
- Advance Tickets – $20.00
- Gate Tickets – $25.00
- Gates Open at 11am ET
- Click here to buy Tickets
- PERFORMANCES BY:
- 12pm ET – 1A Windows
- 3pm ET – Bad Town Band
- 6pm ET – Tyler Evans
- 7pm ET – LoriLee
- 8pm ET – C.J. Garton
- Free Bandanas For The Kids (while supplies last)
- Live Music
- Dunk Talk
- Carnival Games
- Face Painting
- Food Vendors
- Craft Vendors
- Photo Booth
- Pony Rides
C.J. Garton on Tour
- AUG 20 – Western Heritage Days Rodeo / Bristow, Okla.
- AUG 26-27 – Elk Ridge Lodge / Naches, Wash.
- SEP 03 – Boots & Bandanas @ Possum Trot / Winfield, Tenn.
- SEP 16 – CW Scooters / Enid, Okla.
- SEP 17 – Party In The Country / Sapulpa, Okla.
- SEP 28 – 365 Sports Complex (with Kentucky Headhunters) / Inman, Kan.
- OCT 06 – Eddie’s Attic / Decatur, Ga.
- OCT 07 – Chicora Alley / Greenville, S.C.
- For C.J.’s most up-to-date tour schedule, follow on BandsInTown or visit cjgarton.com
About C.J. Garton
Traditional country singer-songwriter C.J. is a 6th-generation rancher with Cherokee blood running through his veins, and still lives on a cattle farm that was founded by his family during America’s land rush in the late 1800s, just outside of Bristow, Oklahoma. C.J. is a consummate cowboy in well-worn boots, schooled in the kind of life that rises with the sun and is sustained by the land. A life like this inevitably shapes a man into a natural storyteller which just so happens to be the very foundation the Red Dirt music scene was built upon. C.J. is a proud descendant of that Oklahoma soil and the unprocessed music that grows out of it. His songs are, by definition, working man’s music; all heart with an honest story behind them.
CLN Community & Event Sponsor