NFR Round 9 Results for December 9th and event schedule for December 10th, 2022.
This is it folks…the review before the performance that will make or break some contestants. Some of the athletes performing are pretty solid in the standings making it clear who will take home the title. You can catch below our thoughts on who is going to be taking home the win in each event. Make sure to follow us on your favorite social media platform for all the behind-the-scenes action.
Events Around Town
- The Cowboy Channel Cowboy Christmas
- Open daily December 1 — 10 | 9 a.m. — 4 p.m. | Las Vegas Convention Center, South Halls
- Cinch Western Gift Show
- Open daily December 1 — 11 from 9 a.m. — 6 p.m.
- South Point Exhibit Hall
- Cowboy Marketplace Gift Show
- Open daily December 1 — 10 from 10 a.m. — 5 p.m.
- Mandalay Bay Convention Center
- Country Christmas
- Open daily December 1 — 11 from 10 a.m. — 5 p.m.
- Rio Las Vegas
Junior World Finals
The Junior World Finals presented by YETI will host more than 850 contestants within the Wrangler Rodeo Arena over 10 days in December. Located in the heart of Las Vegas each contestant competes at the Las Vegas Convention Center. These young athletes will compete for more than $1 million in combined cash and prize payout on their quest to claim a coveted Montana Silversmiths championship buckle.
Wrangler Dawg House at Resorts World
If you’re staying at Resorts World, then make sure to come hang out with Wrangler and Nutrena at the DawgHouse. With nightly specials, entertainment, and viewing parties, there is some fun to be had by everyone! Winning Sports Bad of the Year, this is one of the best spots in Vegas to grab a beer and some grub before heading out to the Thomas and Mack Center for a performance of the Wrangler NFR. Learn more at www.dawghouselasvegas.com.
Concerts for December 10th
- Resorts World | Luke Bryan & Clay Walker
- South Point | Randall King
- Planet Hollywood | Miranda Lambert
- The Mirage | Ian Munsick
NFR Round 9 Results & Winners
Congratulations to the Round Winners for the ninth night of the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo!
Bareback Riding: Tim O’Connell
Tim O’Connell scored an 88-point ride for the round win last night, this bumped him up to number six in the standings but it doesn’t look like he’ll be able to catch up for a run at the championship. Here are your standings heading into the final round.
Top 5 Bareback Riders After Performance 9
- Jess Pope | $316,470.19
- Leighton Berry | $242,091.00
- Kaycee Feild | $240,008.75
- Cole Reiner | $215,429.21
- R.C. Landingham | $211,719.67
Steer Wrestling: Hunter Cure
Hunter Cure adds another round win to his belt with a clean 3.6 second run last night for the round win. This puts Hunter in fourth place. This race might be one of the closest of the year.
Top 5 Steer Wrestlers After Performance 9
- Stetson Jorgensen | $235,287.94
- Will Lummus | $231,212.06
- Tyler Waguespack | $211,520.12
- Hunter Cure | $206,270.38
- Ty Erickson | $187,736.80
Team Roping: Rhen Richard and Jeremy Buhler
Rhen Richard and Jeremy Buhler take round nine with a 3.8 second run. This puts them in the number five position heading into the final rounds!
Top 5 Team Ropers After Performance 9
- Kaleb Driggers | $280,548.87
- Clay Tryan | $252,363.46
- Tanner Tomlinson | $209,938.68
- Andrew Ward | $191,746.50
- Coleman Proctor | $188,234.39
- Junior Nogueira | $280,548.87
- Jade Corkill | $218,555.56
- Patrick Smith | $209,938.68
- Buddy Hawkins | $190,204.20
- Logan Medlin | $188,234.39
Tie Down Roping: Marty Yates
Marty Yates takes the round win tonight with a solid 7.8 second run. This puts him in the number six position spot!
Top 5 Tie Down Ropers After Performance 9
- Caleb Smidt | $300,586.78
- Shad Mayfield | $269,936.43
- John Douch | $237,121.20
- Hunter Herrin | $223,170.41
- Kincade Henry | $217,107.81
Saddle Bronc Riding: Dawson Hay
The Hay brothers are on fire this NFR. We can’t wait to see where these two go in their career. Dawson stole the show with a phenomenal 92 point ride for the round win last night. This is another really close race on who could take home the championship.
Top 5 Saddle Bronc Riders After Performance 9
- Sage Newman | $308,349.06
- Lefty Holman | $306,413.20
- Stetson Wright | $304,550.97
- Zeke Thurston | $302,759.12
- Logan Hay | $279,241.16
Barrel Racing: Hailey Kinsel
Hailey is making a run for her next championship buckle. She and Sister are on fire and it showed last night with a 13.34-second run. This is also the new fastest time of this year’s event.
Top 5 Barrel Racers After Performance 9
- Hailey Kinsel | $266,263.30
- Jordon Briggs | $232,082.40
- Emily Beisel | $221,718.13
- Wenda Johnson | $206,676.62
- Lisa Lockhart | $205,629.03
Bull Riding: Trey Holston
Trey took the round win with an 89.5-point ride for the round win.
Top 5 Bull Riders After Performance 9
- Stetson Wright | $517,993.74
- Josh Frost | $349,470.38
- Tristen Hutchings | $251,539.40
- Ky Hamilton | $230,844.47
- Trevor Kastner | $229,996.38
A huge congratulations to all the winners from last night’s performance, we can’t wait to see what everyone brings to the table for the final night here at the WNFR. See y’all there!
Today’s NFR Round 9 Results and Recap is brought to you by YETI.
YETI was started in 2006 with the simple mission of creating top of the line coolers that can hold up for everyday use. A cooler that won’t quit on you during a pack trip, wrangling cattle, sea fishing, hiking, riding, or drinking on the patio. Whatever your sport of choice, YETI was built for it all. Having started with just a cooler, the company has expanded its product line to include items such as drinkware, outdoor gear, soft & hard coolers, apparel, and much more. All of their products are made from necessity and first-hand experience, you won’t find anything that hasn’t been tried and tested in less than ideal circumstances. Not to mention, most of all your favorite products can be customized to your liking.
CLN Community & Event Sponsor