From June 15 through 27, the action begins during the 97th annual PRCA Reno Rodeo. Billed as the “Wildest, Richest Rodeo in the West,” the Nevada spectacular event attracts well over 100,000 spectators each year for the 4th richest PRCA tour in the country.
The non-profit organization plays a major role on the local economy, as approximately $42 million go to support Reno, Nevada casinos, hotels, restaurants and retail stores during the course of the event.
The Reno Rodeo Foundation is committed to enhancing and enriching the lives of Northern Nevada families by aiding children with extraordinary needs, building community partnerships, providing grants and scholarships to eligible Northern Nevada high school graduates.
The much-anticipated Reno Rodeo brings all the chills, thrills and exciting competitions presented by the Professional Rodeo Cowboy Association, and the Women’s Professional Rodeo Association that audiences expect to see. Beginning on June 16 through 24, events begin each evening in the arena at 7:00 P.M. Expect to see your favorite PRCA professional cowboys and cowgirls during competing in:
- On the evening of June 15, from 7:00 to 10:00 P.M., see 40 of the world’s top professional bull riders attempt to stay on some of the toughest bulls in the country during the Xtreme Bull Riding competition. The winner walks away with $40,000.
- Youngsters under the age of 18 have the chance to show their mental and physical endurance during the Special Kid’s Rodeo on June 18, from 1:00 to 5:00 P.M. Mechanical bull riding, riding horses and roping dummy steers are some of the scheduled activities.
- Family members, friends and the general audience are all entertained during the Mutton Bustin’ competitions taking place from June 15 through June 24 from 7:00 to 9:00 P.M. All delight in watching youngsters between the ages of five and seven try their hand at being real cowboys and cowgirls.
- From June 10 through 15, from 8:00 A.M. To 12:00 P.M., be on the corner of Oddie and Sutro for the historic 2017 Cattle Drive.
- The Reno Kick-Off Concert takes place on June 14 at 7:00 P.M. Dustin Lynch & Locash are scheduled to perform.
- From June 15 through June 27, Davis Shows N.W. brings the carnival to town with all the rides and midway attractions young and old enjoy.
- In person at Lawlor Events Center-10:00 A.M. To 5:00 P.M. Monday-Friday
- Online via TicketWest-service fees apply
- By phone via TicketsWest-1 (800)-325-SEAT (7328)-service fees apply
The Cowboy Lifestyle Network will be on hand to provide live coverage of all the action along with the Ak-Chin Indian Community, Earnhardt Auto Centers and Papa John’s Road Team.
CLN Community & Event Sponsor