The College National Finals Rodeo (CNFR) takes place at the Casper Events Center from June 9 through June 15 in Casper, Wyoming.
The CNFR brought thousands to the Wyoming community to witness the excitement of the top students from 11 different regions compete in the array of traditional rodeo events.
More than 400 Western athletes from more than 100 colleges and universities compete each year for the chance to enter the finals.
At the end of the season, the top students in each event along with the top men’s and women’s teams earn the chance to compete in the finals.
The National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association awards NIRA students scholarships each year. Qualifications include an accumulation of NIRA points, a 3.5-grade average and nominations by individual rodeo coaches. In 2017, more than 100 students received scholarships.
Check out the college standings for the 2019 College National Finals Rodeo:
- College of Southern Idaho – 8,920.00 points
- Missouri Valley College – 7,860.00 points
- California State University – 7,674.15
- Central Arizona College – 7,635.00 (Go Team!)
- Iowa Central Comm Coll – 6,560.00
- Blue Mountain Community College – 6,199.00
- Northwest College – 6,100.00
- Montana State University – 6,011.00
- Walla Walla Community College – 5,467.00
- Panola Junior College – 5,360.00
To the delight of spectators, the event center also offered all with the chance to enjoy chicken, turkey and BBQ rib platters, which were available at entrance locations. Other events taking place during CNFR week included a Special Olympics rodeo, a Cinch Style Show, golf and softball tournaments.
CNFR ticket prices range from $10 to $25 each night for general admission to reserved box seats.
Tickets for the entire week or season tickets are also available.
The Casper Event Center offers the chance to purchase tickets in advance of the event.
Wrangler Jeans Buy 2 Get 1 FREE & $10 Shirt Rebate For Casper Rodeo Fans!
CLN Community & Event Sponsor