Junior NFR Las Vegas 2018: That’s a Wrap!
The Junior NFR Rodeo wrapped up its second year in Las Vegas, Nevada during the week of December 6th-15th. This event took place on the second floor of the South Halls, at the Las Vegas convention center. There were ten action-packed days filled with a back number ceremony, plenty of competition, signings and a buckle ceremony. Giving these kids the true NFR competitor experience.
Each year, kids from all over the country compete in qualifying rodeos in hopes of making it to Vegas. Their goal is to either gain points or win first in the average which goes towards helping qualify them for the Jr. NFR. The competition is fierce and you have to be the best of the best o be able to compete at the Jr. NFR in Las Vegas! As a competitor, they are competing against kids in their own age group whom may be just as good or even better themselves. Although these kids are making everlasting memories along the way, their main priority is to be the best contestant they can be and hopefully win a gold buckle.
This year’s 2018 Junior National Finals Rodeo Champions are as follows, along with their times:
- Junior: Aspen Autry (14.05,14.112,14.062)
- Senior: Kelsey Cadwell (14.304, 13.642, 14.1)
- Open Results: Kyler Dick (5.5,5.7,4.3)
- 12 & under: Pecos Tatum (9.77, 11.14, 10.8, 11.15, 10.11, 9.23)
- 15 & under: Kincade Henry (9.39,9.56, 8.6, 9.03, 7.69, 8.77)
- 19 & under: Garrett Elmore (9.16,9.37,10.92,8.28,8.34)
- 10 & under: Bryce Ehlinger (3.6,3.31,2.76,2.77,3.67,3.69)
- 15 & under: Brighton Bauman (2.11,2.51,2.02,3.4,2.19,3.14)
- 19 & under: Morgan Sparks (2.23, 12.08, 3.1, 2.11)
- 17 & under #10: Caden Tinsley & Tate Thompson (7.7, 8.7, 7.21, 17.37, 8.4)
- 17 & under open: Kreece Thompson & Cole Curry (5.64,6.07,5.26)
- 10-11 year olds: Ryder Carpenetti (72.0, 76.0, 68.0)
- 12-13 year olds: Clay Guiton (78.5, 71.0, 73.5)
- 14-15 year olds: Christopher Wilson (76.5, 75.0, 83.0)
- 16-18 year olds: Chris Villanueva (72.5, 86.0, 86.5)
- Senior: Kooper Heimburg (78.0, 76.0, 72.0)
- Novice: Bradlee Miller (79.0, 80.0, 87.0)
- Junior: Kash Loyd (83.0, 84.0, 86.0)
- Peewee: Hayes Weinberger (74.0, 79.0, 73.0)
- Senior: Mason Stuller (70.0, 68.0, 53.0)
- Novice: Brandon Lansford (68.0, 75.0, 66.0)
- Junior: Braunson Sims (73.0, 77.0, 80.0)
- Peewee:Cy Webb (50.0, 75.0, 75.0)
Congratulations to all the competitors! As well as a big thank you to all their sponsors, families and friends whom made it possible for these kids to compete in a sport that they are so passionate about! See you next year Jr. NFR!