The Kitsap Fair & Stampede celebrates 99 years bringing upwards of 74,000 visitors to the annual five-day celebration. This year, the event will be taking place August 24-28th at the Kitsap Fairgrounds. The Kitsap Fair & Stampede is an abundance of exhibits, 4H and FFA exhibits, livestock competitions, specialty food and beverages, grounds entertainment, and a carnival. The fairgrounds will be home to the PRCA Rodeo, Xtreme Bulls, and Destruction Derby.
The Kitsap Stampede
The three-night rodeo starts Wednesday, August 24th, and ends Friday, August 28th at 7 pm. Events include PRCA and WPRA sanctioned events; bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, tie-down roping, saddle bronc riding, barrel racing, and bull riding. New this year, the committee is opening up the arena to spectators for Slack on Friday morning at 9 am.
The fun doesn’t end on Friday. Come Saturday, August 27th at 1 pm to watch some of the top bull riders ride the rankest bulls as they compete for $10,000.00 in the PRCA Xtreme Bulls Tour. Money won in the event counts towards the PRCA world standing but does not count toward the PRCA’s all-around standings.
Live Entertainment Schedule
Stick around each night after the rodeo to see performances from:
- The Bootlegs – Western Swing & Americana Music
- Cowgirl’s Dream – Western Swing & Americana Music
- The Drive – The Great Northwest’s Favorite Party Band
- Heart by Heart – Bringing you the Music of Heart
- Herndon Brothers – New & Old Country Music, Classic Rock
- Invincible – Pat Benatar Tribute Band
- Joel Gibson, Jr – Kitsap County’s Favorite Country & Rock Artist
- Kevin Wolfe – Comedy Stage Hypnosis & Magic Shows
- Rocket #9 – Minimalist Garage Rock
- Sweet Justice Band – Classic Rock, Blues & Country
- Vuelta la Luna – Variety Circus
Carnival & Exhibitions
Don’t leave after the rodeo, make sure to hang around and check out one of the best PNW carnivals in the area. With rides for the whole family, there is something for everyone. In addition to all of the fun rides and fair food, make sure to check out all of the exhibitions going on as well. With both FFA and 4-H clubs represented, attendees can enjoy exhibits ranging from arts and crafts to food, photography, and livestock!
For the full schedule of events and dates and times, please check the Kitsap Stampede website.
CLN Community & Event Sponsor