Rodeo Action & Things to Do in Camp Verde, AZ this Weekend!
Camp Verde, Arizona, is a charming town nestled in the heart of the Verde Valley. With its rich history, natural beauty, and a variety of attractions, it’s a wonderful destination for both outdoor enthusiasts and history buffs alike. With the weather finally cooling down here in the Phoenix Valley, there are tons of exciting events going on up north including the Turquoise Circuit Finals, which you can catch more about below in addition to other must-see places to help you make the most of your visit.
Things to Do in Camp Verde
1. Attend the Turquoise Circuit Finals Rodeo
Come on up to the cooler weather of Camp Verde to enjoy some of the best athletes that the Southwest has to offer. Cowboys and cowgirls from across Arizona and New Mexico will be coming down to compete in their respective events for a chance at the title of Turquoise Circuit Finals Champion along with the prize money that comes with it. This extreme event is on November 3rd and 4th at the Camp Verde Arena! Purchase your tickets today!
Credit: Turquoise Circuit Pro Rodeo & Cowboy Lifestyle Network
2. Visit Montezuma Castle National Monument
- Located just a short drive from Camp Verde, this well-preserved ancient cliff dwelling is a must-see. Explore the trails around the impressive structure and learn about the fascinating history of the Sinagua people.
3. Verde Canyon Railroad
- Embark on a scenic train ride through the breathtaking Verde Canyon. This historic railway offers stunning views of the rugged landscape, including towering red rock formations and the winding Verde River.
Credit: Verde Canyon Railroad
4. Fort Verde State Historic Park
- Immerse yourself in the history of the American Indian Wars and the role of the U.S. Army in the late 1800s. Explore well-preserved officer’s quarters, the hospital, and other historic buildings.
5. Tuzigoot National Monument
- Situated atop a ridge overlooking the Verde Valley, Tuzigoot offers another glimpse into ancient Native American history. Wander through the remains of a Sinagua pueblo and take in panoramic views of the surrounding area.
Credit: Tuzigoot National Monument
6. Dead Horse Ranch State Park
- This picturesque park is perfect for outdoor activities like hiking, fishing, and birdwatching. The lagoons provide a tranquil spot for picnicking and wildlife observation.
Where to Stay in Camp Verde, Arizona
Bucky’s Casino & Prescott Resort
Bucky’s Casino is THE place to be during the Turquoise Circuit Finals Rodeo. As a proud sponsor of the event, Bucky’s is one of Northern Arizona’s premier casinos. You can play where you stay when you book your room at the Prescott Resort. With all of the favorites from the players club, table games, slots, and more, there is something for everyone at Bucky’s!
Restaurants to Try in Camp Verde, Arizona
- This popular spot offers a diverse menu featuring seafood, steaks, and creative cocktails. Enjoy a relaxed atmosphere with indoor and outdoor seating options.
2. La Casita
- For authentic Mexican cuisine, head to La Casita. Their menu boasts a variety of flavorful dishes, from tacos to enchiladas, in a casual and family-friendly setting. It is one of the most highly-rated Mexican Restaurants in town.
3. Thanks a Latte
- Start your day right with a visit to Thanks a Latte. This coffee shop serves up a variety of delicious drinks and breakfast options in a cozy and welcoming environment. They are the #1 Coffee Shop in Camp Verde according to Trip Advisor and offering plenty of options for both breakfast and lunch.
4. Verde Brewing Company
- Verde Brewing Company, established in 2013, became the pioneering brewery in the Verde Valley. With an impressive record of over 700 brews and counting, they have consistently produced some of the finest beer in Arizona. While their primary focus is on crafting high-quality beer, they are equally committed to creating a welcoming environment suitable for families to enjoy. With 8 taps that continuously rotate a selection of delicious craft beer, they cater to the discerning beer connoisseur. Located in the heart of Verde Valley, Arizona, the brewery offers an authentic and enjoyable experience, complete with excellent beer, service, and food. Raise a glass and cheers to the memorable moments at Verde Brewing Company.
Whether you’re interested in exploring the local culture, enjoying the outdoors, or are ready to pull on your cowboy boots for the Turquoise Circuit Finals Rodeo, Camp Verde has something for everyone! With a range of accommodation options and dining choices, your trip is sure to be memorable. Enjoy your visit to this captivating Arizona town!